Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Monstrous fun

Had a good time today with these drawings. They were created while in class sketching with my students. It had been awhile since I drew monsters as a subject so I thought I'd give it a go and see what I could come up with.

Started with this in blue pencil and black line pen.


Afterwards I got into these three. Blue pencil and black line pen along with graphite pencil. Blending the graphite and blue pencil together gave me some interesting tones that enhanced the images.




This was a loads of fun. 
Hope to carry the momentum into tomorrow's session. 
Thanks for checking into my blog. 
Hope you enjoy the art.  


4 comments:

tengg said...

These arts make me smile)

fanimation said...

Love the Monsters Charles...I think I like the 4 eyed one the best, but they are all great!

Unknown said...

Nice work as always Charles! The first one looks like Dingodile!

Charles Z said...

Thanks guys! Appreciate your comments. Had a good time coming up with these drawings and everyone learns in the process. Plus we all get creatively motivated. Pat now that you mention it there is a resemblance to Dingodile. I'll dig up the development art I have and post some images here soon.