Sunday, August 19, 2012

Crash Bandicoot in the wilderness

Now for something a little different. The Crash fans out there will enjoy this. It's a true story. I was hiking in the wilderness north of Los Angeles in 2006. I passed close to this big tree in the middle of an open field. Sometimes I'd go to the tree to see what I could find. There's usually remnants that people who've hung out there before left behind.


As I got closer to the tree I noticed a brightly colored object on the ground. It was located in a clear area that surrounds the tree at its base.


Lo and behold look what I found! It was a little Crash Bandicoot game just lying there in the dirt! Someone had been there at one time playing it. Must have been a prize from a McDonalds happy meal or something like that.


Imagine the feeling I had seeing this in the middle of nowhere. Ten years after the first game was released there's Crash and Cortex battling it out in a little hand held video game lying about in the California countryside. It must have been my destiny to walk the path that day. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Strange but okay LOL! And oh my God that stupid Twinsanity designs are everywere! Why nobody vcares about classic Crash Bandicoot anymore?

Unknown said...

Nice discovery there Charles! I remember you show these pics on your Animation Nation forum!