Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Angel and Devil

Everybody has a little of both in them.

Happy New Year everyone! Wishing that 2013 is healthy and prosperous and creative for you! I'm really looking forward to this year. I've got a special project in the works that I'm excited about. Looking forward to launching it soon! Meantime...

Not exactly sure when these class demonstrations were done. I think it was around 2003 so that's what I'll go with. Starting with a concept sketch I used a light box to redraw the images onto watercolor paper and   then give them some pigment. Like everything dealing with life we choose which way to swing. Yin and Yong, positive or negative, day or night, angel or devil. So let's begin 2013 with a wee bit of contemplation and a couple of fun characters

.


2 comments:

Romney Vasquez said...

Brilliant! Love the concept and the colors too.

Charles Z said...

Thanks Romney.