Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Elegance is in the eyes

A few years ago when I was finally getting around to picking up Photoshop I created this composition in the early days. I was taken back by how easy the software was to use on a basic level and started to draw directly in the program. This is something I created in those early days. I think it was the period where I was influenced by Nat King Cole's song "Mona Lisa". I was looking to emulate the face of a high style lady and designed the composition using isolated graphic elements on a simple white background through a close up. Eye contact was important in that I wanted viewers to connect with the character so she could communicate as a living being with a feel of classic elegance and something else that perhaps the individual can best ascertain.

No comments: