Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Animation Academy Celebrates 15 Years

Why is ArtShark so happy today? 


If you answered that he's pretty much always happy you'd be correct of course. 
But today he is exceptionally upbeat and exuberant. 
That's because today is...


January 19 is a key day each year for ArtShark but this year it's especially signifcant...


That's because today marks the 15th Anniversary of The Animation Academy in Burbank !!!


That's right folks! It was 15 years ago today on the evening of Monday, January 19, 1998 in the back room of the Coral Cafe in Burbank that we held our very first class. Speaking of 15 that's how much money it took for me to start the business. I spent $15 on stamps and envelopes to mail flyers I printed from a little 486 PC and sent out to 35 former students and friends on a Christmas card list. I sold all 20 available seats and from then on it was history in the making as they say.

The Academy has been a hugely influential school since that time and continues to affect the animation industry to this day. It's had a big impact in the lives of a great many people who've gone on to significant achievements with their art and careers. I'm very proud of what's been accomplished since January 19, 1998. 

Now that we're at our 15th anniversary if you amortize what I spent getting the school started it comes out to $1 a year!

So here's to the future of the Academy as we celebrate its past and heads into the future! I hope it continues to be a positive influence for all!


Thanks to our students past and present, instructors, associates and friends as we celebrate the milestone of our 15th anniversary!

KEEP CREATING!!!

Charles Zembillas
President / Founder / Director
The Animation Academy
Burbank California
USA
..............

Okay folks that's what I'm gonna use as I prepare to get the word out. I'm posting it here first to share with the followers and visitors to my blog. Man it's been a wild wild ride since this date in 1998! Happy to have reached this important milestone.

For educational purposes I'd like to share the development drawings I came up with for ArtShark in this announcement. Here's the original sketch for the idea along with the first pass blue line rough...



Thanks very much everyone for checking in and I hope you have a great January 19 !!! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations :D
Keep up the awesome work ;)

Unknown said...

Happy 15th Anniversary of artistic creativity, Charles!

Charles Z said...

Thanks for your well wishes guys.