Monday, December 23, 2013

Happy Christmas from ArtShark

For a long time ever since 1998 I was having fun with ArtShark. He's the character I created as a mascot for my school The Animation Academy in Burbank and has become a brand of the company. A few years ago in 2006 and 2007 I came up with versions of him to illustrate a Christmas greeting from the Academy. One was ArtShark as Santa and the other as a snowman.

Here's the color version of him as Santa Claus...


Before that here's what he looked like in final line...


And before that he looked like this in rough sketch concept form...


   And the following year this is how he looked in concept as a snowman...


And from that I went straight to color on Photoshop...


I always enjoy myself when working on ArtShark. Maybe we'll be seeing more of him in the New Year.

In the meantime...

5 comments:

Charles Z said...

I just realized that I posted the Santa Claus ArtShark last year with a notation that the images were created in 2005 instead of 2006. It was sometime around there. :) In any case I hope you enjoy it none the less.

Aryul said...

Merry Christmas to you too, Charles.

Matt said...

Literally just gone midnight here.

Merry Christmas Charles!

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130727194002/crashban/images/6/6b/Christmas.jpg

Unknown said...

Howdy Charles!

Long time no see! Anywho, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family! :D

Unknown said...

Good to see art shark back in the mix, he's awesome.