Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Conan the Barbarian

Hello there! It's been a while since I posted something. Not for want of doing so. It's been one of those phases where I get real busy with things that distract me from creating art. In any case I had a chance to do some sketching this evening with my students and I thought I'd work up a concept for one of my favorite characters from my days when I was an avid comic book reader. This is an interpretation of Conan the Barbarian. I'll be drawing him more in the future at some point so this is a start. Thank you again for following my blog and I hope that everything is going great in your life.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Conan? Hmm a comic book series you say? When was the comic published? I might check it out once I get some information
Anyway, Charles, I want you to see this beauty trailer of the Crash Bandicoot remaster. Trust me when I say it's beautiful (but hey, I never played the originals, so why does my comment matter?).
Link:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4fbO2-egZ3U

Charles Z said...

Conan was a big time comic book from Marvel all through the 70's and 80's and into the 90's. He's been around a long time going all the way back to the 1930's.

I saw the Crash trailer from before. Now that you posted the link I'm astonished that's it's gotten over 2 million views in 2 weeks... !!! Wow. Thank you Vanilla Latte!

Unknown said...

That's a lot of years for a comic to be around. I can only imagine how much it sold...

Oh really? Whoops I didn't know, haha. I know right?? There's a lot of happy fans out there who likes Crash! Wouldn't lie if I said I might go buy the game when it comes out, haha. I'm surprised, 2 weeks? It felt like 3 weeks lol. But in 2 weeks? Over 2 million views?? There's a lot of very proud fans and new fans in the mix, my gosh.
Pfft no probelm Charles! I actually didn't expect so much to happen this year. Crash actually has fur, my gosh. XD